• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Selling my '62 Alpine

dtbaker61

Donation Time
Please give her a new home... make an offer!
Completely 'stock' everything as far as I can tell....

Sadly deciding to sell my '62.... I bought it years ago intending to convert to Electric, but just never got to it as I got distracted converting a Miata instead, and I hate to see it sitting outside unloved and UN-restored. It is currently not running, and was 'put away wet' as I was intending to remove the gas engine and not restore it. I'm sure the gas tank will need to be cleaned out and engine completely rebuilt. Carburator MAY need to be rebuilt or replaced since last attempted maintenance to replace a jet broke off in the body.

Body has no dents or obvious rust... paint is shot. Chrome bits are all there, but chrome is a bit spotty. Has a hardtop and soft top hardware, soft top is completely gone. Steel wheels, very original throughout. Interior shot, but everything is there.... Headlights, tail lights all ok. Perfect for somebody ready to do a ground-up restoration.

Located in New Mexico for the last 10 years... but has been stored outside.

I have some old pictures I'll put here for now, and get some new ones asap.

Attachments

• 110322_01.jpg
    110322_01.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 118
  • 110322_02.jpg
    110322_02.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 111
  • 110322_03.jpg
    110322_03.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 107
  • 110322_04.jpg
    110322_04.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 114
  • 20201202_072705.jpg
    20201202_072705.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Dan, That is a sad story that happens to too many of the Sunbeams. Hope it finds a good home.

My Early Series IV GT BW35 was neglected by the two PO's. I almost took her to the scrap yard due to the extensive rust. It was a Saturday and the Yard's were closed is all that saved her.

That was back in 1980. After many years in dry storage you should she her now:)