• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Seeking Alpine Series II dashboard

VDubJD

Donation Time
I have a series 3 or later dashboard in my '63 Series II currently and am looking for a correct Series II dash. The series 3 dash is in pretty good shape and I am willing to trade if that can be done, otherwise I am happy to pay cash money for a good series 2 dash. I've struggled with getting the gauges and wiring to fit properly in this dash and have come to the realization that I will have to cut or modify this one to work and really don't want to do that. Any leads greatly appreciated!
- Jon David

alpine_64

Donation Time
The dashes for all series share the same basic locations for gauges and switches. Si/ii lack the holes for the "warnung lamps" that are incorporated into the speedo and tach on i/ii. The heating controls change a little and the gt cars with wooden dashes have different mouts for those...

What troubles are you having? Does the dash you have have raised areas for the gauges or is it flat faced?

loose_electron

Donation Time
I just refinished my S2 dash. Filled in most of the holes with Bondo, and redrilled for all new switches and got rid of things like the cigarette lighter. After the new hole pattern were all checked out, glued a sheet of wood grain Formica across the front and **carefully** drilled through the Formica, and sanded the holes in the Formica to align with the holes in the dashboard.

VDubJD

Donation Time
The dashes for all series share the same basic locations for gauges and switches. Si/ii lack the holes for the "warnung lamps" that are incorporated into the speedo and tach on i/ii. The heating controls change a little and the gt cars with wooden dashes have different mouts for those...

What troubles are you having? Does the dash you have have raised areas for the gauges or is it flat faced?
Michael, the dash I have is flat faced with locations of the ignition switch and other gauges in places that don't work with the wiring harness I have. I'd like to make it more accurate to the series II, at least in this area. The heating controls have been giving me fits too, so I think having the correct dash will help with that too.
Thanks for your feedback!
- JD

loose_electron

Donation Time
Wow, Jerry, that looks really nice! What brand of gauges did you use? I like the design of them!
- JD

Thanks, the car just came down off of jack stands yesterday and I am getting it ready to roll again with a totally new electrical system, All of that stuff is from Speed Hut. They have a good selection of options that look sort of correct to the era, and if you really want to get obsessive, they will custom make dial faces for you.