• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Second V6 Alpine

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Guys,

I received this testimonial from a previous customer yesterday. He is thinking about doing another Alpine V6 conversion and wanted to know if I had a kit for him. I asked him what he was doing with his present Alpine. This was his response.

I told him that I thought the Series 3 Alpine had the shorter springs so he could replace the ones he cut, but I now think it was the Series II that has them; right?

Jose

Jose,

Thanks for asking. I mostly just take it for occational drives just for fun and I also head out to view a few hotrods and classics at events here in Portland. I must admit, its hard to resist ripping through the gears to see what it does every chance I get! The motor with the T5, offenhauser, 4 barrel and the headers is a great match for the car. I took a trip with a handfull of friends with there muscle cars the other day and fortunatly for me, it was up in to the mountains along the curvey Clackamas river highway. They were all very impressed with the Alpine and I had great time behind the wheel.

As you may remember, I did a decent job on the restoration of the entire car as well as making the little v6 look as good as it could in the engine bay. I also lowered it which makes it even look a little meaner than a stock Tiger. I did this by cutting the front springs and unfortunatly it rides a little stiff on the chuck holes. I think that may be one of the things I would change by finding the right springs instead.

Since I take it to hot rod events, I get many compliments because its not the typical car you see there plus lots of the old timers seem to alway wish they could have at least driven a Tiger so the first thing I hear is "Oh... thats cool!".

I also still have the restored '55 tbird, '56 Victoria as well as a 1969 Mustang fastback I just restored this past winter and I am still working on this crazy '37 chev streetrod which has lots of modifications. But... there is something about these Alpines I really like so I would like to get an earlier series so I dont have a duplicate Sunbeam, plus I really like the rear fins. I still think the 2.8 is the best way to go.

Best regards, Craig