• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sebring Alpine at SUNI V

stevenalcala

Silver Level Sponsor
Happy to announce my 1962 Sebring Alpine #43 will be at SUNI V. It was one of the three factory-entered cars driven by Tom Payne and Joe Shepard. I'm finishing up a 7-year restoration. Hope you get a chance to see it at the event. Other than a trip back to Sebring for the vintage race, prior to the current 12-Hour, this may be as far east as the car travels for a while. It will be vintage raced primarily on the West Coast (Monterey car).

Look forward to seeing you in Rapid City,

Steven Alcala

jack Bacon

Donation Time
Hi Steve,

Do you have a photo sharing site that you have posted photos of your car. I know one of the parts I sold you a while back is probably on your car. So that's a good feeling! I'd like to get a 8 x 10 glossy of your car for my collection

Jack Bacon

alpine_64

Donation Time
Happy to announce my 1962 Sebring Alpine #43 will be at SUNI V. It was one of the three factory-entered cars driven by Tom Payne and Joe Shepard. I'm finishing up a 7-year restoration. Hope you get a chance to see it at the event. Other than a trip back to Sebring for the vintage race, prior to the current 12-Hour, this may be as far east as the car travels for a while. It will be vintage raced primarily on the West Coast (Monterey car).

Look forward to seeing you in Rapid City,

Steven Alcala

Steve,

i have seen some progress pics of that car.. i would love it if you can post some finshed photos.. and would love some of the unique details.. also.. did you ever track down a correct smiths chrono tach?

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
Link to the Story on the Sebring Alpine of Steve's

www.racingalpines.org/thesebringalpine.pdf

Here is a PDF telling a bit about Steve's car. I can't wait to see pictures.

To really appreciate the significance of this car it is the ONLY running Sunbeam Factory Alpoine which raced at Sebring. (Ok, Bob Avery's Harrington raced at Sebring but wasn't a factory entry)

Steve

Jay Laifman

Donation Time
I can report that one of my sons was the passenger in that car the first time it drove under its own power again since its racing days. We saw Steve and the car up in Big Bear at the last Tigers United when he started it up. My kid is of course still talking about it. Believe it or not, no pictures! We will be up at the Monterey Historics this weekend. Hopefully Steve will be there. In which case, I promise LOTS of pictures when I get back.