• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Seat Track Sliders Cleaning

greenbean

Donation Time
Putting in new carpet and since the seats are out I thought it would be a good time to clean the gummed up stuff off the seat tracks so the seats would slide nicely again. Any good experience out there on doing this? And what did you lube with after the cleaning?

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
I've let them soak in my parts washer for a couple of days to remove the crud. Rinsed them off and used white lithium grease. Be careful not to lose the little metal marble in the tracks.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
I've used the white spray grease (whatever it is called) and am getting tired of it. First gummed up the seat tracks, then the driver's side door latch. I've switched over to silicone spray lube. Hope to have a followup report in a few years.

Bill

65beam

Donation Time
cleaning

a shop in Dayton soaks them in kerosene, pulls them out and once they dry they don't require any lube. it worked on my series 4 with no chance of grease on the carpet.

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
I sent mine to Van Nuys plating and had them re-cad plated. Of course, that process thoroughly cleaned them. I think I lighty lubed them, but I can't remember what I used.

Today, I would recommend a silicone lube that dries! Or any lube that dries. It's the lube collecting dust and dirt that kills these things.

P

greenbean

Donation Time
They slide realitively well, they barely even moved before, and I have not even applied any silicoane spray yet:).

greenbean

Donation Time
Applied the silicone spray and they are really slick and move great :). Cannot wait to install the carpet, the tracks and the seats. All I have to do now is dip the end of the adjusting lever in Black liquid plastic and I will have the plastic covers for $8 versus the last pair that sold on ebay for like $65 ---- not stock, but darn close ;)

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
All I have to do now is dip the end of the adjusting lever in Black liquid plastic and I will have the plastic covers for $8 versus the last pair that sold on ebay for like $65 ---- not stock, but darn close ;)

I like that idea, post us a picture.
Tom j