• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

seat replacment

BACKYARD

Silver Level Sponsor
took my seats apart to have then redone , frames are rusted bad and not in good shape what seats from other cars will be a good fit ? with a little work /

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
This is a pretty common issue and many seats can be made to work. The biggest challenge with non stock seats is that they tend to sit higher than stock, which some (like me) don't like. Personally, I've tried TR4 and Fiat 124 seats, as well as ProCar aftermarket ones. They could all be made to fit but all sat too high for my comfort. That doesn't mean that they couldn't have been lowered with more work, just that I stopped trying on all of them. The most commonly used seats are those from the MX5/Miata. I have a set that I will eventually put on a car, but they will also need some work to sit low enough for me.

When looking for something like this, it is always good to try searching the forum. However, with something as common as "seats" it pays to use Google's site search function. Try this:

alpine_64

Donation Time
took my seats apart to have then redone , frames are rusted bad and not in good shape what seats from other cars will be a good fit ? with a little work /
Lots of guys here may have decent factory frames, if you have the foams and trim kit already...
The microcell seats when in correct condition are very good... especially the split backrest series 3/IV style

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
I have repaired many seat frames that had rusted through the frame's tubing with new metal tubing. These frames are repairable, unlike other car seats that are made from stamped sheet metal. Trying to use another car seat is a waste of time & money.
Jan