• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

seat belts

alpine_64

Donation Time
Nice photo of location for 3-Point seat belts. Could this be drilled out for a Series II car? Also, do you have a photo of the seat belts after they were mounted? Would be nice to see how they are set up.

The homes in the wheel well should be in your car from factory, look inside your rear wheel arch, likely will be a plastic plug filling the mounting hole where there is a captive nut

mamoose124

Gold Level Sponsor
The homes in the wheel well should be in your car from factory, look inside your rear wheel arch, likely will be a plastic plug filling the mounting hole where there is a captive nut

Thanks for the information on 3-point seat belts found in this thread. I took a look at my 1962 Sunbeam Alpine Series II and, sure enough, there are mounting brackets in each rear fender well for mounting a set of 3-point seat belts.

My question is, what is the best kind (brand) of seat belt to purchase and where do I get them? I checked JC Whitney and they only have red & brown non-retractable seat belts. I want Black. Also, it seems to me that mounting the 3rd point on the wheel well would have a tendency to make the shoulder belt slip off one’s shoulder. Does anyone have any experience with seat belts mounted this way?

alpine_64

Donation Time
They work fine mounted in the factory location, if the belt was loose enough to come off your shoulder you would have them adjusted very poorly. Some people have devised retractable solutions, I just have static period looking "beams" belts

mamoose124

Gold Level Sponsor
They work fine mounted in the factory location, if the belt was loose enough to come off your shoulder you would have them adjusted very poorly. Some people have devised retractable solutions, I just have static period looking "beams" belts

I will be happy with non-retractable belts. I looked at Harbor Freight but at the moment they only have red or brown belts. I want black. I have looked at a number of places on line that sell 3-Point non-retractable seat belts but am uncertain of the quality. Also, they ask for measurements. Did you use measurements to order your seat belts? And where did you purchase your belts?

Mike snyder

Donation Time
My SIV had original seat belts fastened to the floor with oval eye bolts. Sunbeam Specialties sells a good replacement that looks nearly identical except that the floor attachments are bolts and not eyes.