• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

season is ending

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
It was quite nice around noon. As we had a late breakfast we decided to take the 29 ford for the seasans last ride to Lockport.About 16 miles from home for early supper,Was nice as when we started out.While inside the restaraunt the wind came up and the temperature dropped quite a bit.
A bit cool coming home

Wouldn't be surprised to see snow in the morning

Hopefully one or more rides in the Lister before snow

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
No snow but it is in the forecast.Most likely the lake effect.
Right now it is at the high forecast of 34 degrees and looking like snow
Yesterday the temperature dropped 12 degrees from when we left till we got back home.that was an hour and a half

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
Thanks Chuck! That is fantastic and the first one that I have seen. I thought you had a Knobbly or something like that!! Very cool.

Hillman

Gold Level Sponsor
Yah, winter sucks.

My Alpine is still at home and I drove it (top own) last week. Soon it will go to its winter home, that will be the last drive of the season. Just not that fun to drive when the temperature is below freezing.

RootesRooter

Donation Time
Took the SV out for a 60-mile spin through some windy county roads southeast of Seattle on what was probably be the best and last top-down weather of the fall. While having a late breakfast in the tiny town of Black Diamond, a fellow came up and complimented me on the Alpine and asked if it was a '62, like the one that's belonged to his buddy in Seattle for the last 30 years. Turns out his buddy's been long flying under the radar in a neighborhood (Ballard) that's had dozens of active Sunbeam owners over the years. It's funny how long-time Alpine owners keep coming out of the woodwork.

PROCRAFT

Donation Time
season ending

Just took the Tiger out for a little ride after sorting out the ignition problems
weather sucks probably around 50, rainy

PROCRAFT

Donation Time
end of season

Bob,

The coil had failed, sent the dist. off to Petronix and they rebuilt it under warranty nothing wrong with it but they just did it because! after getting the pos up and running yesterday found a couple of "Wiring Problems' solved
those and were good to go??????

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
Just took the Tiger out for a little ride after sorting out the ignition problems
weather sucks probably around 50, rainy

Am I missing something? What sucks about 50 and rainy? That is primo weather here in Seattle. Jeepers, you could be dealing with 75 degrees and sunny for Pete's sake.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Bill is that to take an old rusty Alpine or perhaps shop for Alpine goodies?

I'm constantly on the look-out for the goodies.

DanR

Last edited:

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Its a goody, or at least I hope it works out that way. Never got Rusty "prepared" to haul away, too involved in redoing an ornamental pond.

Bill

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Bill, When speaking of Goodies, do you know of any one that has made a trailer out of the rear end on an Alpine that had too much rust for any thing else?

I believe it would make a nice trail-a-long for trips.

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Bill, When speaking of Goodies, do you know of any one that has made a trailer out of the rear end on an Alpine that had too much rust for any thing else?

There has been a couple I believe if my memeory is good.
I made mine out of fiber glass.weighs 250 pounds frame and all

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor

I have heard of it, but do not recall who has done it. It would be neat and I have the perfect candidate.

Bill