• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

search problem

Cactusmasher

Donation Time
Am trying to search old postings and threads for wheels and tires for sale. No matter how many words I put into the title box, I keep getting a message that says I do not have enough words in the search. It says I need a minimum of 4 words and I put in 6,7 or 8 words and I still get that message. What am I doing wrong??

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
Not sure why it doesn't work, which search are you using, the overall search or search this thread? Are you going into the "Advanced search"? Also I think the forum search only takes words that are 4 letters or longer.

Personally I would just use Google. You can limit the results to the forum using the "site:" keyword. For example, in your case try:

site:sunbeamalpine.org/forum wheels "for sale"

Here's a link to the results:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...17l0l19325l46l41l0l0l0l0l259l6494l6.28.7l41l0

Cactusmasher

Donation Time
Thank you for the help. I was able to go w-a-a-a-y back into archives and did not find what I was looking for.

I recently saw a photo of some gold colored wheels with 4 kidney bean holes, with tires, for sale. Problem is, I cannot remember where I saw the photo. I have been all over this site and Ebay and any others I can think of and still cannot locate those particular wheels and tires. Seems like the accompanying information stated these had been on some sort of show car for several years and had never been run on the street. The asking price was $500. I waited too long to make up my mind I guess. Since I can't find the listing, I assume someone bought them and the listing doesn't exist any longer.

Jim