• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Saving floor mats

Limey

Donation Time
Don't bin them.
1) De rust front and back
2) Thoroughly deep clean with a strong detergent a tooth brush and nylon scouring pad
3)Buy 1mm rubber sheet and 2 part glue.
4) Assembly using duck tape to the face and turn over to ensure correct alignment of the tear. Start on the small tears first to get your technique.
5)Apply patch with plenty of extra as the rubber near the tear will be fragile. Place the patch in position over the repair and use some tape to make a hinge so that when you 'close' the patch over the tear it is perfectly aligned ( this is contact adhesive so you have to get it right first time
6) After applying the patch, ub down hard with the back of a knife. Wet the rubber first andreally work it into the contours of the back of the mat.

If you dont want to do that PM me and I'll pay cash, just don't trash them.

Here are a few before and after shots. My camera is crap and dont do the finished mats justice. You can get a vey good result.

View attachment 1999View attachment 2001

View attachment 2000View attachment 2002

View attachment 2003

Rodewaryer

Donation Time
Would have been nice to know this about 20 years ago.

Nice work, pics are good enough to tell you resurrected them in a big way.