• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

rubber door buffers

Jeff Howarth

Donation Time
Hi, its me thats listed them and somke other stuff.

does anyone have the facility to make these? If so I will pull the auction and make them available to be used for copying.

regards

Jeff aka KBD23C (its the licence plate on my first Sunbeam)

gordonra

Donation Time
If you can make an accurate sketch of them, I'd make a 3D CAD model and drawing for documenting it.

Need to know what the steel plate thickness and dims, as well as those for the rubber overmold. It'd be good to know the durometer of the rubber too.

If the steel plate size is not apparent, perhaps someone that has deteroriated pieces can contribute.

McMaster Carr (www.mcmaster.com) has a good chart for equating or approximating the durometer of rubber to a scale. Check this link:
http://www.mcmaster.com/#about-rubber-durometer-hardness/=3f92ku

If we have good docs, we can have it reproduced.

Hi, its me thats listed them and somke other stuff.

does anyone have the facility to make these? If so I will pull the auction and make them available to be used for copying.

regards

Jeff aka KBD23C (its the licence plate on my first Sunbeam)

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
If someone does repro them, I'll take 3 sets to start. Thanks Jeff for the gesture. I beleive alot of us will appreciate it.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
I just got what appears to be a (very) used set and would be pleased to offer them for measuring. I'd take 2 sets when they were done.

ForzaDesign

Donation Time
Team,
I believe I responded to this type of post some time back. As I own my product development consulting firm, I should be able to add some qualified input on this. As mentioned previously, these "buffers" were not made of "rubber/elastomer". They are in fact self skinning urethane foam molding. A solid elastomer would be to dense to "give" correctly. although a softer duromter material might give a functional feel. Perhaps a compression molded thermoset compound. There are some places producing this process. Tooling is not cheap. but could be manageable if enough parts were fabricated.

If anyone would like to pursue this further, please give me a holler if I can help.

Thanks,
Jim