• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Rpm"s

alpine_64

Donation Time
Not sure what you mean.. what is maximum safe revs?
If the engine is in good condition you can use 5500rpm.. you will find changing up at around 3200-3800 best for normal driving.. if you dont have O/D you will probably be crusising at 3600-800 at 60mph.. not horrible for the car.. but will be for you ears.

George Coleman

Gold Level Sponsor
If you do not like to revs. You may look in to changeing to the 3.70 gear it works great with the stock gearbox. My Alpine V had the 4.22 rearend gear and at 60mph the engine is turning 4000rpm not good on the motor for long halls. The best thing I have done to this point is put the toyota T50 gearbox in with the 3.70 gear and I have a final drive ratio of 3.14 in 5th gear great!!!:cool: 70 mph at 3400 rpm