• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Rotisserie plans?

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
This design (Inspired by Doug Jennings) is the only way to go. For about $200 of structual steel and about 3 full days (plus a chop saw, MIG, & sawzall), you can build it.
mobility_frame.jpg

napa 1

Donation Time
If one wanted to go with a prefab unit... any recommendations? I've seen many different types listed on ebay and from various internet companies. I'm assuming the hydraulic adjustable height model would be most useful. I think I remember in an old forum discussion where someone in the past rigged a rotisserie to where the car was supported by the four jack slots.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
If one wanted to go with a prefab unit... any recommendations? I've seen many different types listed on ebay and from various internet companies. I'm assuming the hydraulic adjustable height model would be most useful. I think I remember in an old forum discussion where someone in the past rigged a rotisserie to where the car was supported by the four jack slots.

John, most of the Alpines on rotisseries are supported by the jacking points. Works okay, but puts a lot of stress on the frame. Not a problem if the frame is solid.

Bill

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
...most of the Alpines on rotisseries are supported by the jacking points...
That is exactly the reason this frame was designed the way it is. There is usually front end damage anyway on Alpines (and always on Tigers). Also, my frame design is simple & easy to get the body into the frame. I can place it in the frame while the body is still on the trailer.
Jan

alpine_64

Donation Time
thanks pete.

I actually know wally who made that one, my friend however has a rust railed car, so jans seems to be a better way to go. Thanks for the link though :)

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
Rotisserie plans

Jan,
Is this the one you did plans for on the board a while back? Can i get those instructions?

So, did anyone ever get the plans/instructions for this design or is it just the one photo that is available? Is there a link on the web?

Dan Moore

Donation Time
Hi Andrew
I made 1 like the post on Tiger site 4 years ago. modified it slightly added wheels and steady bars that extend and 2 20' rails to keep it from stressing the jacking points . also added a gear reducer too the end of shaft and large wheel so it is a one man job to flip car . So far it has been used on My v6 alpine ,a healy, a 70 challanger ,and a 68 roadrunner problem is after I finished with it I haven,t seen it again for the last 4 years ? Wonder if I should go looking for it?:confused:

Dan in Sarnia

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Years ago someone posted a link to plans for building what looked like a pretty solid rotisserie from a pair of engine mounting stands. I no longer have that link, but perhaps someone here does.

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
Plans

Years ago someone posted a link to plans for building what looked like a pretty solid rotisserie from a pair of engine mounting stands. I no longer have that link, but perhaps someone here does.

This it the kind of thing that I would love to draw and make a good set of plans so that everyone could access the information.
I could keep very busy with graphics and all of these things but this type of thing would be great for the club.

If anyone has any rough plans please forward them on, I would be happy to clean everything up and print to PDF for everyone to download.

It would be great to incorporate these things in a club magazine or our web club web site.

Andrew

howard

Donation Time
I typed "Rotisserie Plans" into my web browser just now and got several plans for them. Of course, you'll have to be careful and choose one that's right for a Sunby and your purposes... but it's a starting place.

JConstable

Donation Time
Folks,
Time to dredge up an old thread. I am thinking of putting together a rotisserie from a pair of heavy duty engine stands. In thinking about the design I am planning to add outriggers to increase stability and a beam that would connect the two stands for ridgidity. Now the question, in designing the bar that would connect the engine stand to the car, is it better to attach to the car at the jack points? or better through the bumper mounts? Alternatively, am I missing something altogether and need serious enlightenment.

John

Tullamore

Donation Time
Here are some pictures of my Rotisserie, someone else on the board built it specifically for Sunbeams and I bought it from them when they were done with it. The one thing I would change is to use casters with rubber tires to make it easier to move around outside and in and out of the shop.

IMG_4903.jpg

IMG_4916.jpg

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
I built that!
Yes, the wheels, although expensive, were not the best choice. Glad to see it's being used.

Paul

Here are some pictures of my Rotisserie, someone else on the board built it specifically for Sunbeams and I bought it from them when they were done with it. The one thing I would change is to use casters with rubber tires to make it easier to move around outside and in and out of the shop.