• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Rootes Race Car Drivers Book.

64beam

Donation Time
Hi,

Some may have heard this rumor, but later this year (I think) there will be a book published on the Rootes race car drivers. I don't have much more information at this stage, but something to keep an eye open for.

Regards, Robin.

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
I hadn't heard about a book on the Rootes drivers. I know Ian and I discussed a book covering most of the Alpines/Drivers who raced. Each section would highlight the driver or the car (many of the cars had multiple owners throughout it's life as a race car). I have enough material photos for just about everybody who ran one up until 67/68.

(still would love to find photos or details on Ed and Norman Lamb in Dallas. They won the E-Production Division in 1963.... clearly, they must have been fast since Porsche was the main competitor in EP)

Steve

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Steve,

I thought you may have been able to write a book with all the information you have. I will keep you posted on this bookas I'm sure it will interest you. By the way, did you ever receive the information about John Melvin (I think) and the Scottish rally?

Regards, Robin.