• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Ron Morse and the Series I of Sports Car Forum

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
Slowly details are coming out regarding the old Series I of Sports Car Forum.
(this is the Alpine that Sesslar drove from 1960-63). Ron, lived in St. Louis, MO, had the Sports Car Forum Alpine from 1964 probably to 1966/7.
Unfortunately, Ron was killed in motorcycle accident on his way to Alaska.

According to Jack Nichowitz (sp?), he said he ended up with the Series I motor (built by Shorty Bickle) in his Alpine. Sadly, Jack's Alpine met it's demise when one of the Group 44 TR-3s hit it.

Fast forwarding into the 70's the SCF Series I was still being raced in the Missouri area. (in fact, if you look on one of the KC region websites you can catch a glimpse of the SCF Alpine in one of the photos under the historic section)

Interestingly, I keep finding entry list with Ron Morse as well as Keith Thomas - Keith of course owned the Pickering/Moss Alpine. The latest find being the 1966 Mid-America Nationals.

I need to call Keith and talk to him a bit more. I also need to call a lead back, which Scott C. put me on to, who might help put more pieces together on both the SCF Alpine and the Moss/Pickering car.

Steve