• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

rocker shaft

mbruskin

Donation Time
Does anyone have a new or almost new rocker shaft? I am putting roller rockers on my 1725 motor and have a lot of wear on my rocker shaft. One of the existing rockers has some wobble and the shaft is the cause. Neither SS, Classic nor VB have the rocker shafts. I think they are available in England at Alpine West Midlands or Speedy Spares, at least they show them in their catalog online. Will call them on Monday, but would like to get them sooner if anyone has them.

Murray

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
mbruskin / Bearcat, There is another option.... I just had Delta Cams rebuild a set or rocker assemblies for me! Had one of my SV cams reground at the same time.

DanR

beamcat

Donation Time
mbruskin / Bearcat, There is another option.... I just had Delta Cams rebuild a set or rocker assemblies for me! Had one of my SV cams reground at the same time.

DanR

Do you have a link for Delta Cams? I'd like to purchase a set of rocker shafts.

RootesRacer

Donation Time
Do you have a link for Delta Cams? I'd like to purchase a set of rocker shafts.

I dont think they sell rocker shafts.
If yours are rebuildable, they can rebuild them, though without putting metal back and regrinding, I am not sure what could be done.

As above, try speedy spares (ex RJ Grimes) or get a used set.

beamcat

Donation Time
I dont think they sell rocker shafts.
If yours are rebuildable, they can rebuild them, though without putting metal back and regrinding, I am not sure what could be done.

As above, try speedy spares (ex RJ Grimes) or get a used set.

Right then, I'll ring Speedy.

Thanks for your reply. :)

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Rocker Shafts (New)

As Alpine Addict said: Rootes Spares in Holland may have them. Link below.

http://www.rootesparts.com/id103.htm

They are listed: Rocker- shaft (pair)
All models 1959-67
Now new in stock
Price € 69.50 +VAT

Note the cost is not in US Dollars but British Pounds. Then you will have shipping charges.

But you will have a very nice set of rocker arms.

DanR

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Pretty sure I have a few rocker shafts that must be OK

I know exactly where they are.If any interest let me know and I will get them out and give a good look at them re condition