1. Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible.

Enjoy.

Dismiss Notice

Rings availability

Discussion in '"Stock" Alpine' started by beamdream, Jan 13, 2020.

1. beamdream

beamdream Gold Level Sponsor

20200113_171125.jpg

Are rings still available for the early 1494 pistons

2. alpine_64

alpine_64 Donation Time

Well... Yes and no.. What size piston... Stock or overbore?

You are likely to need to hunt some NOS ones on ebay. Ive seen ring sets for the 1494s stateside and in UK in the last 6 month's.

Id contact 512classics in Ohio or grimes or spoedy spares in the UK

3. Tim R

Tim R Silver Level Sponsor

If all else fails there are companies such as FW Thorntons in the UK that make rings of all shapes and sizes. You could specify what you need and they will be able to sort you out. I've had a lot of help an advise from them over the years but they are not cheap.

Tim R

4. 65beam

65beam Bronze Level Sponsor

Sunbeam Specialties shows them being available in various sizes.

5. bernd_st

bernd_st Bronze Level Sponsor

With pistons that far gone I'ld rather go for a complete set ( new piston/rings) or even better a rebore with oversized pistons. Furthermore 4 ring designs are outdated. Better to look out for modern 3 ring pistons...

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
  6. DaveSeries1

DaveSeries1 Silver Level Sponsor

I got a nos set from Sunbeam Specialties last fall for my S1. Fit perfect.

7. beamdream

beamdream Gold Level Sponsor

OK thanks to all.