• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Reproduction Parts

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
How about the rear pumpkin? Just kidding. How about the the rubber floor plugs? Just kidding. How about horn brackets? Just kidding. How about trunk springs? Just kidding! :D

I'm surprised at some of the stuff you guys are wanting. Some are too low of production to make any money, Ian needs money! Most others are already produced or available.

I like the rubber floor mat idea, but I'm afraid there are too many who like the non-stock cuddly feel of carpet. I would give my right something to have that set of Scott's. Too bad you can't get some sheet metal going to compete with the cheep repro's or slow producers. This would really bring some revenue, both Alpine and Tiger.

I'm happy with anything you can do!

tfctpa

Donation Time
On the carpet sets, would it be possible to make the tunnel piece a little wider for us V6'ers?

A

AlpineIan

I'm taking notes on this thread guys... Paul is right, I need to make things that are not available through other sources and items that I won't only sell a few of.

The carpet sets I want to make will be just like the Harrington LeMans cuts. They are much, much nicer than any other carpet sets that are available today and are better fitting than wat is currently available. I want to vaccuum form the tunnel hump out of styerene to the exact fit of the Alpine tunnel. I suppose I could make a form for the Tiger and V6 as well, but my first effort will be for the Alpine. The carpet I use will be the low cut thin pile like factory carpet sets were. Not this thick plush carpet being sold today.

I don't know a price for these yet and will begin tooling up to make them soon. Will know more after I get the fisrt set made up.

Other things I can provide will be reconditioned parts. Rear diffs, entire rebuilt rear end housings, crossmembers, window regulators, etc... I need to figure out a core policy for exchange and could keep a couple assemblies on hand for quick turn around. This will all come in time, and is the direction I'm heading.

My ideal situation is for a customer to bring me a painted body shell and I will build the entire car from there... I would restore all parts, drive train, interior, etc... I'm not really set up to paint entire cars at my place, but can through Jan Servaites or Jerry Benasutti handle complete body restoration. I can handle dipping, media blasting, metal repair/welding, rough body work at my place. I can also handle the dissassembly of the car at my place too.

I've spent the past week building my shop and sorting through all the parts I have to get organized. I have bags of special clips and hardware that I'm sorting through that can be used for assemble and restoration of both early and late Alpines. The idea is that cars leaving my shop are assembled as correctly as possible with a strong focus on detail. I would also be happy to take a car in for a good "going over" to fix details and little fit and finish problems.

burgy711

Donation Time
And make the back seat carpets large enough for GT's. Also, the GT rear seat pads?? Metal Channel material for door rubber and Hard Top rubber. Put together a source listing for restoration parts availability that you might not carry. Maybe do re-built calipers with exchange for cores......

AlpineII

Donation Time
Weatherstrip on Series between windshield and "A" posts.
Various clips for weatherstriping
Eggcrate Grills

65beam

Donation Time
repro carpets

ian,

you need to look at the carpet SS is selling.i got a red set for the moonstone car plus a partial roll of the same plus a set of black for one of my other cars.he is getting the material out of the U.K. and it is really nice.even the plush is like the original.

A

AlpineIan

Thats good to know. The last few carpets sets I installed were not very nice. They were very thick and hard to work with.

W

WaltSV

How about the breather hose connecting Stromberg air cleaners?

Walt Suman

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
Suggestion:

Weld a socket to one side of a loooooong narrow pair of pliers, for use in removing clutch master cylinder to clutch pedal clevis pin....as a 'new' tool. I'd think it would become indespensible.

Allan

Jeff Scoville

Donation Time
Burgy711, did you still need the regulator and glass?
I don't think I ever got your zip code, I did however come across what looks like a new reg. and I have several VGC glass.
Let me know.