• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Reproduction Overdrive badges

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Here is a gent wanting Jeff's contact info:

"Jon Quiney" <jquiney@btinternet.com> wrote:
Hello
I would like to contact Jeff regarding the reproduction Overdrive badges he had made some years ago. I would like to get hold of one for my car and he may be able to help. Can you forward this email to him if you are still in contact and ask him to contact me?
Many thanks
Jon Quiney

-
Submitted by DanR

alpine_64

Donation Time
Um.... What " overdrive" badge? The only markings on an alpine with overdrive were the stickers on top on the 6ra relay in the engine compartment.

MGBs had scritps on the boot and some rootes cars like scepters and superminx may have had them... But not alpines.

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
Here are overdrive badges from Jeff painted and unpainted.

Mike

Attachments

• Capture1.jpg
    Capture1.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 53
  • Capture2.jpg
    Capture2.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 40

alpine_64

Donation Time
Here are overdrive badges from Jeff painted and unpainted.

Mike

Mike, thanks for that, makes sense now. They are the laycock companies badges for the badge bars ( ironic in a way on the front of a car vs the scripts mfg used to fit on the rear)

I was wondering if they were adding scripts like other cars

images

images

images

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Guys, I'm now curious, My "original" SIV ST OD 70 does not have any badges or script showing "overdrive" installed. Is that a fluke? Or is that normal?

I have never seen one with the OD and that does not mean there were none, just wondering,

alpine_64

Donation Time
Guys, I'm now curious, My "original" SIV ST OD 70 does not have any badges or script showing "overdrive" installed. Is that a fluke? Or is that normal?

I have never seen one with the OD and that does not mean there were none, just wondering,

Dan, per my earlier comments the factory never fitted overdrive badges or scripts to alpines.

Other marques often did

Jeff Howarth

Donation Time
Guys,

you are all correct.

Overdrive badges were not fitted.

The badges I had re-cast were Laycock but went nicely on the badge bars and some went with my OD conversions.

I have a couple left if someone wants one, but you will have to paint them yourself as I don't have the time at present.

Jeff