• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Repost - Up comming event - Tigers United XXXIII

gordonra

Donation Time
Curious to know how many of us might be attending... Thought I'd take the liberty to repost this previous message:

ALPINES WANTED AT TIGERS UNITED XXXIII
LONG BEACH, CA JUNE 16-19, 2011

On behalf of the California Association of Sunbeam Tiger Owners (CAT), I would like to invite all the members of the Sunbeam Alpine Owners Club of America, and especially those members in the Southern California area, to Tigers United XXXIII (TU).

TU will be the largest gathering of Sunbeams on the West Coast in 2011. As with all CAT-sponsored Uniteds, we will be having an Alpine class in the car show and auto cross, with trophies presented to winners. There will also be a rally in which Tigers, Alpines and other Rootes cars will be competing together for an overall win.

The headquarters of TU will be the historic Queen Mary Hotel, and the auto cross will be held at Long Beach Veterans Stadium. Most TUs are held at far-off ski resorts (off season) or up the coast. So if you live in Southern California, please take advantage of this local Sunbeam event.

There are many ways to enter TU with varying costs. We have Sunbeam enthusiasts traveling from as far as England, Australia, and the East Coast. They’re going to be paying for airline tickets, hotel room fees at the Queen Mary ($140 per night), car rentals and full event registration ($165 per person). In other words: big dollar car convention vacation. Or you can go the other way, commute from home to the auto-cross site on Saturday, and pay a $25 spectator fee (you get a wristband) to enter the site. (For an additional $60, you may run in the autocross.) All spectators must pay the $25 entry fee, as it contributes to event insurance costs. You may also purchase an autocross lunch ticket for In N Out Burgers. Further, after checking out the auto cross in the morning, you can continue over to the Queen Mary in the afternoon (parking fee is about $12). At this point, your wristband entitles you to free admission to board the Queen Mary (a $24.95 value). Once on board, head for the vendor sales/hospitality room, or just tour the ship. Please note: you don’t have to be a member of CAT to attend Tigers United. Additionally, under normal circumstances, you have to be a CAT member to buy parts from the CAT parts department. But on a TU weekend, that is not the case and CAT sells Alpine parts. In short, you can attend TU on the cheap, go all out or build your registration package to suit your needs—it’s up to you. We just want to see you and your Alpine at TU XXXIII.

For more information about TU, please see the CAT website at www.catmbr.org., click Forum, and scroll to Tigers United XXXIII. Or you may contact me at (310) 322-6323 or stevenalcala@sbcglobal.net.

See you in Long Beach,

Steven Alcala

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Rich, Can't get a trailer so I'll be there, sans car. I plan to shoot the Autocross in the AM, and head over to the QM and hang out. Hope to meet up with you, Kelly and other SAOCA or V6 members.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Great event. Nice people, great cars. I shot a bunch photos of the autocross.
http://rides.webshots.com/album/580361834rYcFTg

Saturday night they had a panel of gentlemen who raced, sold, wrenched and helped build Tigers... Pretty cool.

Bought some parts and stuff, including one of their slick t-shirts. By the time I got to the table that was selling them, they only had a size that may stress fracture if I actually wear it..... Maybe I'll track down a skinny girlfriend this year.... :D

Kelly and Rich's cars ran and looked great. I got to follow them thru a tunnel on the way to the Queen Mary. :eek:

For those of you who read Kelly's posting on his intake, trust me (said the former car salesman...) it looks even better in person. The level of workmanship on those two cars would make Jose smile... Hope my project car will be close...

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Added two this morning. Somehow I missed putting a picture of Kelly and one of his (firebreathing) car on webshots last night. That's fixed now.

And, yes, I know I have a bunch of Steve's Le Mans car, but the car is so darn pretty...........