• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

repairing oil filter hose assembly

saltykracker

Donation Time
The hoses on my oil filter set-up are cracked. Has anyone had the hoses replaced from the filter assembly? If so can the metal pipe connectors be re-used? Any idea of the cost? thanks Stan

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Stan,

I'm not 100% sure, but I think you will find that the fittings are pressed onto the hose. If you take the hoses to a hydraulic fitting store they should be able to make some new ones for you.

Regards, Robin.

mikephillips

Donation Time
3 of the 4 fitting should be off the shelf items. The only one that isn't is the curved one on top. When I had hoses made they cut this off the original and reused it with a compression type fitting.

ForzaDesign

Donation Time
I recently went through this same issue. Most hydraulic houses will remake the hoses. Be careful as most of the 90° fittings are a bit taller. This is already very tight to the frame rail. I am considering Kaman to remake my hoses $69 each. Hose Pros here in CA offered to cut the original fittings and braze them to a standard fitting. I will re-post when I have them redone.

Jim

saltykracker

Donation Time
Thanks all, will bring them in at least I have an idea on what it is. George , I do have headers and posted another thread on the spin off filters about a week ago. Thanks Stan