• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Reminder To Those Providing Products or Services

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Many amongst our ranks provide valuable products or services to the Alpine community on a routine basis, and many of you do it for profit. Examples are Jim Ellis and his Vizard head modification service, Jan Servaites with his Alpine paint samples and lightened flywheels, Ian Spencer with his interior restorations and exchange basis component rebuilds. There are many more I could list but you get the idea.

Because our website is growing so fast with so many newcomers visiting us, can I ask that those who do provide these products and services on a routine basis update their profiles with this information so that when a question is posed we can point the new person in your direction? This would be very simple to do and would make the process much cleaner as to expectations. We've had some recent confusion over who exactly is offering help free of charge or for a fee, and I'd like to avoid this as much as possible.

This also applies to the odd group purchase we have from to time. The most recent example is George Coleman's kind offer to faciliate the group purchase of gear reduction starters. Most of us who have done this sort of thing in the past (myself included with the Series 3 fuel filller gasket) have offered to do it for a small fee to cover our time and labor. I have no problem with that, but please make it very clear up front what the charges will be and what you will be doing for that fee.

No one to date has done anything illegal or shady, but the potential is there as we continue to grow. Full disclosure and upfront communication is the best way to go.

Thanks to all who spent the time reading this reminder, and again my thanks to those of you who work hard on behalf of the Alpine community - we appreciate you! :)

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
So where is there a place on the profile to post such information? I looked at the Profiles of a couple examples noted - Ian, Jim E - and see no information on services offered, nor any place they might be found. It seems like a good idea to have this info in the profiles, but where?

Tom H

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
It would be nice to have a section of what services are offered. No one is going to post a price, I'd bet. Like parts, worth whatever the owner feels like.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
It would be nice to have a section of what services are offered. No one is going to post a price, I'd bet. Like parts, worth whatever the owner feels like.

John, you loose. $26 for the brake light kit, shipped anywhere in the USA and Canada. Anyone that feels that is too high can make their own and maybe save a couple of bucks. Or maybe not, depending on what they have laying around and how hard they shop.

Bill

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
How to show or list what you offer?

Latest for converting your Alpine 4 cyl to a FORD V6 . Specially designed for the FORD 2.8 V6 Engine.

1. Headers, Straight back similar to the Tiger System: with 1 ½ inch tubes into a 2 ½ Collector that are 11" long with 3/8” thick Header Flanges, Collector tube w/o Ball & Socket $605.00 or Collector w/Ball& Socket $705.00 (Highly recommended). The correct Metric 10mm 1.5 bolts are furnished for the headers.

Note: Past recommendations have been to "NOT" tighten to spec's the top header bolts because it will pull the bottom of the header away from the head and cause a potential exhaust leakage.
My remedy will fix any potential problem in that area. I recommended you plug, drill and tap the emission/pcv/air holes in your heads to 10mm 1.5 thread about 3/4" depth using a Hooker header Gasket 10828 as a template, then slot your headers accordingly. My Straightback headers come slotted.

2. A transmission mount bracket for the 2.8 V6 conversion is available for either the 4 speed manual or auto BW35 Alpines utilizing either late model Mustang T5's or Automatic transmissions such as the A4LD or C3/C4. Your choice $150.00

3. My Engine Brackets (top) bolt to the engine and the Frame mounts (bottoms) are welded to the crossmember. These bottom pieces have a "catch/stop" designed to ensure the engine is so located as to provide adequate spacing between the radiator and the fan. Correct metric bolts are included along with 2 Large Rubber Biscuits, Anchor Part number 2424. Should you need replacements in the future they are readily available at most Auto Suppliers. Cost $150

4. For manual transmission applications where an external slave cylinder is utilized, a slave cylinder mount bracket is available that positions the Slave farther away from the heat of the Headers, providing longer life. If an internal Hydraulic release bearing is used the slave is not required. Cost $75.00

5. A cross link behind the engine is a one piece formed (not welded) rod threaded ends 1/2-20 fitted w/tie rod ends $170 or to save a bit of $$$, you can go with the Bolt/Pin & spacers designed recently to replace the stock ones in your Alpine $50.00 a set. Serves same purpose as the formed rod, just more economical. Note: If you elect to use my PINs/Bolts, recommend you replace the bushings in your stock cross link (rod) while easy accessible. Sunbeam Specialties and Classic Sunbeam have the bushings approx $28 per pr.

6. Alternator bracket is 2 pieces formed w/o welds, has slots for alignment of the alternator, comes w/adjustment arm & metric bolts/spacer for mounting $125.00

7. Thermostat Housing (Four Seasons 84861) Modified, comes w/3 correct metric bolts for securing to the Timing cover and the Bypass housing. Also is tapped with NPT for heater connection. $65.00

8. Rod, upper gas pedal for linkage to the carburetor. $ 9.00 (free with the conversion order).

9. Fuel pump block plate is utilized because the electric pump is a must. $5.00 (Free with the conversion order).

10. If needed, a Pilot Shaft Adapter steel with oil base bronze bushing for your T5 spec's $70.00

The above items are the basic components for all conversions. Other items that you may need depends upon choices you make such as the type transmission, manual or automatic. Example: Manual transmission with external slave cylinder requires the Slave bracket $75.00. An internal Hydraulic release bearing would not! Neither would an automatic tranny. Pilot Shaft Adapter steel with oil base bronze bushing depends entirely on the specific T5 you choose $75.00 The components come powder coated. Header coating is additional. Shipping charges apply.

A few other items not part of the engine conversion are:
a. An Air Compressor mount bracket should you want to install an A/C unit in your Alpine $150. I've run an A/C unit in my SV Blue Boy for 6 years. Real cool especially when fitted with the Hardtop.
b. Modern conveniences are always nice and some times near necessities like the A/C. So I played around with another system of interest to me! Electric Power Steering (EPS) for the Alpine. No messy hydraulics, squealing belts, leaking hoses and no loss of horsepower, all electric, very small 12 volts motor down under the dash out of sight. Simple and easy on the hands for steering your Alpine in parking places or on the open road:) Price depends on your selection ($1100-$1250).
c. Series I and II Hinges for the metal soft top covers. Exact copies of originals $85.00
d. Tiger transmission mount bracket (duplicate of the original) $200 This bracket is a good option for the Alger conversion too! Haven't looked at applying to the Alpine V6 and a few other conversions yet:)
e. Working to develop a good, durable replacement for the turn signal "return" piece. Stay tuned....

DanR

P.S. Pictures are in the PHOTO GALLERY Under Parts, Drawings and Technical for your viewing pleasure....and in DARKSIDE Gallery for the V6 conversion components. Additional information and PIC's are available upon request at: tiger2dan@gmail.com or call 864-554-0814 Please leave a message..

Dan Richardson
123 Richardson Drive
Greenwood, South Carolina 29649
Tiger2Dan’s Link: http://danr.mhartman.net/

PDF file on Converting your Alpine: https://docs.google.com/document/d/13vKZ9JhB0vO8p2PrMl1x1qfCxh17xJIg_KCIo7HeFok/edit?ts=5a51997d

As an added note, my basic components for a conversion and run as low as $1090 to $1310 + shipping (maybe +/- $100)

Last edited:

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi John,

As you probably know, I sell a conversion kit for the Ford 2.8 V6 into the Alpine. The price is $1,540, shipping included. I now can accept Pay Pal payments too.

For those who wanted to use their credit cards through Pay Pal before, I can now accommodate that.

Jose

PROCRAFT

Donation Time
Parts

We fabricate 4 piston front brake kits for series 4/5/ Alpines and Tigers
we also provide Wilwood Parts as we are a wholesaler.

jkgriffs@yahoo.com

And they are simple enough that I could install it...

Last edited by a moderator:

mamoose124

Gold Level Sponsor
Wilwood Parts

We fabricate 4 piston front brake kits for series 4/5/ Alpines and Tigers
we also provide Wilwood Parts as we are a wholesaler.

jkgriffs@yahoo.com

And they are simple enough that I could install it...

At the risk of being a dunderhead for asking (as you would likely have listed it, if available), are there any Wilwood Parts that might work for Series II Alpines? I can't help asking as the Wilwood brake parts look great!

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
I have the Procraft adaptor and Wilwood discs on my project car and it was pretty simple to install. I also had him mod my hubs to 5 lug. Better wheel choices.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
What do you mean by "Procraft Adapter?

How did you modify your hubs to five lugs?