• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Release Bearing

George Coleman

Gold Level Sponsor
Release Bearing Heavy Duty Roller Type MGB

Part number: HD3317HD

Availability: In stock

$35.10

Applications

Fits:

MGB
Sunbeam Alpine III (with 8.5" clutch) 1963 to 1964

Release Bearing Heavy Duty Roller Type MGB

British Parts Northwest has these, they would work with Alpine 3 and 4 with 8 and 8.5 inch clutch. or any Alpine with the 8 inch setup!
Would like to add that the MGB pressure plate works as well for the 8 to 8.5 clutch.

.https://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/ItemImages/Tiny/GRB104.JPG

If this works here is a picture of the bearing from Rimmer Brothers Cat.

Last edited:

Jay Laifman

Donation Time
I have a roller bearing TOB that I got from SS probably 25 years ago now. It is still running just fine. It is in my SV engine/tranny. I don't recall any difference. But, you should search on this board (and others) about negative things people say about them. Again, though, I'm 100% satisfied.