• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recommendation for wiring harness

Jay Laifman

Donation Time
I go back to driving Alpines in the 60's. I still have my car from then. I never had electrical problems with the series 4 until I did the restoration and replaced the original harness. I found my problem to be the new ignition switch. I pulled it and threw it in the trash and replaced it with an original. Everything works OK now. My cars have never had mutilation of the harness and if I ever have a problem either mechanical or other wise I fix or replace the problem part in the proper manner and go down the road. The driving lights on my series 4 are not wired thru the fuse block. When I unboxed the original harness for the RHD car I found a really mutilated piece of trash that literally stunk from the rotten cloth insulation. Time to replace which is what I did. My 69GT does have a second fuse block added due to having some additional items added. It has a three fuse block as original equipment. Take care of the car and use it in the manner intended when built and you'll have no problems. Many know I was driving this car as a teenager in the 60's.

Just to echo this post. I've been driving my Alpine since "only" the 70s. When in high school, I added various gauges, radio, clock, driving lights, etc. The ONLY wiring problems I've had now in 40+ year of driving the car were from those wires I added.

canbeam

Silver Level Sponsor
Is Pete's Wiring closed or did he change his web address or business name? I Googled it the web site and it looks like the domain name is for sale

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
Is Pete's Wiring closed or did he change his web address or business name? I Googled it the web site and it looks like the domain name is for sale

canbeam,

Check with forum member sunalp, fairly sure he sales the harnesses now.

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
That is correct. He both sells and supports the installation of that harness. He has been great to work with on my project.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Steve Shuttleton, better known of the SAOCA Forum as sunalp has been an excellent provider of the rebel wiring harness.

I was first introduced to PaulA and purchased a couple of the wiring harnesses for some of my Alpines (Blue Boy ) was the first.

After Paul turned everything over to Steve I have made more purchases from him.

I highly recommend the rebel harness for our Sunbeams....