• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Rebuilt all synchro OVER DRIVE Conversion

Jeff Howarth

Donation Time
Hi everyone,

As you know, Overdrive works on 3rd and 4th gears and reduces your engine speed by 25% when cruising and makers a huge difference to your travel - particularly on the highway.

I have another fully rebuilt and guaranteed series 5 over drive gearbox - rebuilt by John Roseby with 6 months warranty.

You can buy just the gearbox/OD or I can make it a complete conversion kit to include -

Gearbox and OD
gear lever if you have a series 1-4 and cant re-use your own.
new wiring loom
original factory OD switch and relay - tested good working
- option of NEW switch and relay for series 1 and 2 cars if that is what you have.
Series 5 speedometer (or series 3/4 if I have one)
speedometer cable
short drive shaft. (optional - may be cheaper to have your shortened locally)

This fits straight into a 4 speed alpine - series 1-5 and will give you synchro on first gear is you have a series 1-4.
It requires no modification to your car and just bolts straight in using the existing mountings - this is a full factory conversion.

Shipping worldwide from the UK - birthplace of Sunbeams.

Search for me on this forum and see what others have said.

Contact me at jeff.v8tiger@gmail.com or via private message on here
(note new email address)

thanks for your interest.

Jeff Howarth

Sample photo of a previous unit
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/kbd23c/overdrives/P1010939.jpg

Last edited:

UDTDave

Donation Time
All synchro over drive

Hi, Can you give me the cost for the complete unit and necessary accessories for a Series IVA. Shipping to USA, Texas zip code 77868.

Thanks

Dave