• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Rear window gasket

snamelc

Donation Time
My Series II is in the shop being painted its original wedgewood blue. The aluminum hard top will also be blue. My paint guy says the rear window gasket needs to be replaced. I've looked in all my usual sources to no avail. How have others solved this problem?

There are other gaskets such as rear view mirror/door, windshield wiper/cowel, trunk lid/hinge that are not going to be available but these won't be all that difficult to make from a sheet of rubber or plastic. Which would be best? What thickness?

Thanks,

Bill

alpine_64

Donation Time
Bill,

The rear window Hardtop seals should be available from Sunbeam Specialties or Classic Sunbeam.. if not.. try the Uk suppliers.

As for:
rear view mirror/door, windshield wiper/cowel, trunk lid/hinge

these are all available from many sources of sunbeam parts.. who have you tried and they said they are NLA?

Armand4

Donation Time
I got a rear window gasket from Sunbeam Specialties. It's item HT28, "Alpine SI-II hardtop rear window seal with locking strip," for $39.00. The chrome trim that would originally have surrounded the window and seal doesn't seem to be available anymore, but SS was able to supply me with everything else to fix my hardtop. Of course, I haven't found the time to put everything back together, but that's another story...

snamelc

Donation Time
Good grief! I've always had trouble finding things in Rick's catalog. They're there alright, just not where I was looking!

Thanks,

Bill

skywords

Donation Time
Bill you will need a special tool to install the center bead that expands and tightens the seal. I found a professional glass shop is the way to go. What I struggled with for two hours took ten minutes by a pro with the right tool.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Plus you don't damage the new, expensive, rubber seal. :D

Jose

Bill you will need a special tool to install the center bead that expands and tightens the seal. I found a professional glass shop is the way to go. What I struggled with for two hours took ten minutes by a pro with the right tool.

britbits

Donation Time
Just go to Amzon.com and look for a locking strip tool
You can easily install the center strip tht way

Btw
You can get the rear window molding either with or without channel for th stainless piece from metro moulded parts
metrommp.com

That's probably where these guys get it from