• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

rear view mirror

Limey

Donation Time
Hi all,

Has any body got 6 hollow rivets for fixing the the arm to the mirror back. I cant find any anywhere and I have 3 to refurb.

Many thanks!

Oliver

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I know you are in the UK and your hardware stores are different than ours, but I just picked up a couple of them at a local store. Most hardware stores here (including the big box ones) have a selection of small hardware that comes in divided plastic containers. They are usually sold by the piece and exorbitantly expensive relative to what they would cost in bulk, but I am talking about something like 20 cents per rivet. My store had the hollow ones and split ones. I think I did buy the hollow ones and just used a small ball peen hammer and/or a large nail set to mushroom them. As I recall, I took a drilled out rivet with me and the ones I bought were a good match. I can take a photo of the back of my re-assembled mirror if you want to see one.

If these are unavailable in the UK I would be happy to pick up some at the same hardware store and mail them to you, but I can't promise that they are and exact fit.