• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Rear sway bar

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
I think the car stays relatively flatter in the rear. I had one on my other car. I removed it because it just doesn't belong on a MK2 and that car will unlikely be driven in a drive it like I stole it fashion. It needs to go and if the local club had a swap meet it would be there.

hillmanhuskyguy

Silver Level Sponsor
Howdy Warren, if this is still hangin' around your place, let me know what your best price shipped to 80513 would be.
Wondering if it'll bolt onto my Minx rear without too much thought (I'm running low on those!).

RootesRooter

Donation Time
Doesn't look like my Addco rear bar, bot in the late 80s or early 90s. Center bends over the diff are different, as well as the rear attachment points.

A friend who won a Solo II national championship in a Tiger back in the 70's told me he once tried installing a rear bar on his Tiger. He removed it after just a few days of test driving. 'Way too much oversteer.

For an Alpine (or Minx), I think I'd move up to a stock Tiger front bar before installing a rear bar. I run a 1" front bar plus the rear bar on my SV, which is great for autocrossing, but its pretty stiff for street.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
I had one on my second Tiger. I only spun that car out once while transitioning the big runway painted centerline. But that said the tires were also 15 years old and were really hard.
IDK what empowers someone to dis another person's item.
I have friends that have taken their panhard bar off of their Tiger, and some that even say friends don't let friends use panhard bars.
BTW it came on my MK2 I wondered if it was LAT one but Norm said nope it's an Addco. That's why I took it off because it wasn't an LAT one and it's either stock or options period.
Sway bars are a personal choice. It was sold but the buyer got emasculated by his Mrs. who tightened the purse strings. Almost always it's don't tell my wife, and my reply is always my silence can be bought quite cheaply most usually the next brew.

hillmanhuskyguy

Silver Level Sponsor
Message replied to Warren.
To RootesRacer, I'm already running a one inch sway-bar in the front on my Husky. This should compliment that nicely I hope.
And if it doesn't fit, it'll be back up on this forum with a new owner name, mine vs. Warren.

Cheers,
Cris