• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Rear Leaf Springs

P

Pembertoltd

I need to have a few questions answered. On the average how long do the rear springs last. I believe that mine are the original so they would be 41 yrs old and it seams that they may be bottoming out. Is there anywhere that you can buy new springs. If not what do you suggest. I have seen something in here about rearching, whatever that is. Who does it, is it a good option and what would you expect to pay to have it done

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
It's been a long time since I had custom spring work done, but last time I had to do that I went to a truck spring place... look in your phonebook, since there are lots of them around (apparently trucks break springs a lot!). They have the ability to re-arch and re-temper the springs to give you your bounce back. Prices have changed over the years, so I'd hesitate to give you a number, but as I recall it wasn't outrageous back then, and I don't imagine, comparatively, it is now either.

P

Pembertoltd

Rear Springs

How can you tell if you need new rear springs and what is the life expectancy on a set from a 4 cyl car (just changed to a 6)

P

Pembertoltd

Well all is good with the car, Jose was right and the drive line was a little crooked and was hitting the left side of the tunnel. Took it to the muffler shop and 1 hr and 75.00 later it is running like a charm and no more terrible noises. Yeah, sounds great. Thks for all of the help and they said the springs are fine.