• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Rear Exhaust Hanger

JConstable

Donation Time
All,
In repairing a rust hole in the boot floor above the exhaust hanger a question occurred to me...Is the final exhaust hanger a bolt (or something similar) that hangs through a hole drilled in the boot floor to support the exhaust pipe? OR is there some sort of bracket welded to the underside of the boot floor that hangs down to support the exhaust pipe? If a welded bracket was used a picture would be helpful to allow me to reproduce it. I can't answer my own question as the exhaust was hanging free when I bought the car. Thanks. John

JConstable

Donation Time
65Beam,
Excellent - exactly what I was after and in combination with a PM I think I understand the situation. As I should have mentioned it is a Series V, and interestingly there is no sign of either of these two brackets on the underside of the boot floor. Thanks!

65beam

Donation Time
hanger

they should be in the same place on all cars. original style rear exhaust sections have the mounting brackets to match up to these, with the rubber mount with stud molded in each side in between. one side shown on my car is original, the other was bent bad and the spot welds were loose so we replaced it with a new one.

65beam

Donation Time
hanger

for what it's worth, i also posted photos today of my new instrument panel for the 69GT.