• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

RC SR-71 Jet

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Mike,

Awesome video :cool: . It doesn't leak like the real thing when sitting on the tarmac either ;) .

Regards, Robin.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
I have to wonder, are jet engines that small available commercially or are they "one offs"? Pretty amazing stuff.

Bill

gordonra

Donation Time
I have to wonder, are jet engines that small available commercially or are they "one offs"? Pretty amazing stuff.

Bill

They have been available for years in back ads of hobby aircraft magazines.

That is really cool... I used to do a bit of RC flying, but nothing like that.

sammaw@bellsout

Silver Level Sponsor
Very cool, I bet the first time landing it was scary for the wallet

Wonder what it would cost to build something like that? I imagine my alpine cost much less, plus I get to ride in it

skywords

Donation Time
Nice model
The problem with a model that large and fast is you have to keep it turning or it will disappear. The engines I believe are in the 3K each price range.

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor

Bill

Supposedly, the guy flying it is a German engineer and built both the engine and the model. Would have been cool to have two engines with A/B