• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Rare Rear Seats

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
I've never seen another pair of these for sale before, and indeed I have seen very few of these optional seats in our cars, either. I have the original set that came with my car, which are fortunately in better shape than these, but for those of you that want to have some comfortable rear seating, these are pretty good original equipment and could be easily restored.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Rare...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

!BZ-KpiQB2k~$(KGrHgoOKj8EjlLmWyi9BKpTDFb-oQ~~_3.JPG

I have no relationship to the seller, and have never done business with them.

lord_rootes

Donation Time
That's funny you should post these as I was telling a friend the other day that my dad (who worked for Rootes) had a set of these and he and my mom would use them to kneel on while gardening. :)

Alan

QUOTE=puff4;80116]I've never seen another pair of these for sale before, and indeed I have seen very few of these optional seats in our cars, either. I have the original set that came with my car, which are fortunately in better shape than these, but for those of you that want to have some comfortable rear seating, these are pretty good original equipment and could be easily restored.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Rare...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

!BZ-KpiQB2k~$(KGrHgoOKj8EjlLmWyi9BKpTDFb-oQ~~_3.JPG

I have no relationship to the seller, and have never done business with them.[/QUOTE]

agmason

Donation Time
There is a Sunbeam Alpine in the Detroit area with these optional seats along with almost every other option that is in the Rootes Accessory Brochure. This car has the Rootes badge bar with Rootes fog lamps, Smiths clock, amp gauge, factory radio and speaker, cigarette lighter, key lock for shifter, Rootes seat belts, Rootes door mirrors, rear seats, Sparto backup lights, original spare tire, plus the tool kit and jack. The kicker is it has 24,000 original miles.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
There is a Sunbeam Alpine in the Detroit area with these optional seats along with almost every other option that is in the Rootes Accessory Brochure. This car has the Rootes badge bar with Rootes fog lamps, Smiths clock, amp gauge, factory radio and speaker, cigarette lighter, key lock for shifter, Rootes seat belts, Rootes door mirrors, rear seats, Sparto backup lights, original spare tire, plus the tool kit and jack. The kicker is it has 24,000 original miles.

Well, my car came with some, but not all, of those... I have:

Rootes badge bar (i removed it from the car as it needs re-plating)
Smiths clock
Amp gauge
Cigarette lighter (actually, I think they called a 'cigar lighter'!)
Rootes seat belts (actually, not Rootes, but dealer-installed Kangol belts - identical to Rootes, barring the logo)
Rootes door mirror
Rear seats
Original spare tyre
Tool kit
Jack
Sun visors

steveog

Donation Time
I am actually the seller of these seats. My father got them for me as a gift a while back thinking they would work in my Tiger. A nice gesture, but obviously not for my car.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
They sure should work with your Tiger! Unless you've got a roll bar or something preventing using them, they will fit in just fine.