• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Radio for 67 Alpine

chimpodunker

Donation Time
EBay has underdash radio enclosures. Has anyone used one of these? Look like heavy duty poly. They also have some aftermarket consoles that look like they would fit and hold my coffee. Looking forward to cruising with the top down, listening to some tunes, and sipping my coffee.

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
Have not. But my browsing has mostly been focused on boat equipment, due to similarities in environmental exposure and open-air wattage needs.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
EBay has underdash radio enclosures. Has anyone used one of these?
I have had one on my SV for more than 30 years, ever since I stupidly threw away the original radio/speaker mount (like the one shown in this thread: http://forum.sunbeamalpine.org/index.php?threads/are-these-original.26392/#post-180755).

index.php

I bought mine well before eBay, but many of the ones I see there look pretty similar to what I have. I originally attached it to the dashboard brackets using small angle irons and made something more substantial - similar to the stock bracket Dan posted - once I learned to weld. It certainly isn't stock, but it has served me well through multiple radios.

alsalp

Donation Time
I adapted an early corvair radio mount and insulated the rear bumper and wired it as an attenna