• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

radiator swap

jimfai

Donation Time
my radiator is getting weak and i wanted to upgrade to maybe an alloy one, for those of you who have them is it worth it? where did you get yours? thanks, jim

alpine_64

Donation Time
For an Alpine there are no well known off the shelf bolt in ally radiators. There was someone advertising them on eBay but it was a computer image of one.. Don't know if anyone bought one from them. The tiger ones don't work for alpines.

Why not have a high efficiency core pit in yours? You don't really need alloy radiator in an alpine

65beam

Donation Time
swap

since this is posted in the tiger section I guess you're probably looking for a radiator to fit a tiger. griffin make a good one. I've never heard anyone complain about them.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Jim,

If you want alloy for a tiger griffin do it off the shelf and the stock shroud fits on them. They have apparently upgraded their design, i have heared of the older ones cracking at the point where the cores met the tanks.

Dales restos sells the fluidyne which is very good and used by many... There are also some other manufacturers and also high efficiency cores for stock from modtiger engineering

Dancin

Donation Time
I also recommend the Griffin radiator - has been in my Tiger for at least 20 years. Car runs almost too cool in the Pacific Northwest, but just fine in the hotter climate where it came from.

Dan Kuenzi

Asm109

Donation Time
I can give a thumbs up to the Mod Tiger engineering radiator.
Its been in my Tiger for 12 years with no issues.
Car runs 190-200 F regardless of conditions.

If you still have the stock radiator, I can recommend this choice without reservation.

jimfai

Donation Time
thanks for the input guys, so the griffen one with the fan and shroud comes up on summit racing website at $868, unless anyone has found a better price somewhere else?

Asm109

Donation Time
Here is info on the mod tiger radiator

Tiger Radiators

Retrofit your old radiator with state of the art technology. I have come up with a process that allows your old radiator to function like a late model design. For all intents and puposes the radiator looks stock and bolts right back into your car, however it has a new core and a couple of design features that keep your car from overheating.

This radiator was designed to for my car and has proven better than we ever thought it would be. I can sit in traffic (stop and go) in 100 degree weather and never over heat!

Rebuilt Radiators are for sale at $485.00 plus shipping. (your radiator re-cored)

Rebuilt Radiators complete with no trade/core provided $650.00 when available.

New radiators complete with new tanks, straps, core etc. Available currently on custom quote only.

Questions or Quotes: rob.guerra@tigerengineering.net

If you really want to spend an extra $400 on a radiator be my guest.

jimfai

Donation Time
thanks, i had never heard of that company before, contacted rob via email. i thought the summit price seemed high, i had ron davis make a custom one for my ford powered MGA a couple years ago for a lot less than 800. i thought finding one that is off the shelf should be less costly than custom made? jim

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
I would call.
Chris Culp
C, G & J Inc Charge Air Coolers
dba Brice Thomas Radiator
256-546-4613 office
800-223-4299
He is great to work with and the prices are about half, they build them in-house here in the USA.
They are building me a one off for my Ser II that I am installing a Miata motor & trans into for $326.00