• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Radiator Installed, Whoohoo

Alpine66

Donation Time
Finally found an off the shelf that would work. Two pass so both connections on the same side.
The bottom connection was a bear! but is in.

Attachments

• IMG_20141226_183038 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_20141226_183038 - Copy.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

miket

Donation Time
Yes, this takes a little trial and error before you get it right. You and you parts supplier will be buddies by the time your done.

Which rad did you go with. Did you use the inline filler/cap?

Mike

Alpine66

Donation Time
Yes, this takes a little trial and error before you get it right. You and you parts supplier will be buddies by the time your done.

Which rad did you go with. Did you use the inline filler/cap?

Mike

Haha hey Mike you are unfortunately correct, I know everyone at the local parts stores .... They are used to me going behind the counters and pawing through bins for fittings, lug nuts, hoses, brake lines etc etc

No the first one I tried required an inline but this one has an in integral, which will just fit under the hood.

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
What were the advertised dimensions of the radiator, height & length. Would like to see rack and steering column attachment pics too. I am going to use rack and dual pass radiator with my 260 V8, Outlet and inlet on other side, was thinking of trimming panels and notching frame for 22x19 radiator.

Last edited:

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
What were the advertised dimensions of the radiator, height & length. Would like to see rack and steering column attachment pics too. I am going to use rack and dual pass radiator with my 260 V8, Outlet and inlet on other side, was thinking of trimming panels and notching frame for 26x19 radiator.

Why not just get the aluminum rad and be done. Both cars have the Griffin rad

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
Chuck, The Griffin Tiger radiator is a little pricy for me when I can get a aluminum dual pass a size bigger for less than half the cost. The Griffin is a quality radiator and the cheap one is probably made offshore.

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Jim
That looks good and a nice price.
Will it fit without any mods or are you still figuring
The Griffin rad was one of the best things for cooling the 351 in the Lister

Last edited:

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
Chuck, 19x22 is about 3" taller and 2" wider than the Griffin. Probably needs a lower crossmember and trim horn panels back.

Last edited:

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Chuck, 19x22 is about 3" taller and 2" wider than the Griffin. Probably lower crossmember and trim horn panels back.

Jim
I would advise against lowering crossmember. Sure it can be done but then there are so many factions that will have to take in consideration? The balance will be compromised as a start unless the rear will be raised.You can possibly move the rad ahead and lower it.but 3 inches in height is a lot to accommodate.

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
Chuck, I meant an additional, protective channel, crossmember for radiator. It would not hang down lower than front valance or suspension crossmember. You would see radiator in valance opening.

Last edited: