• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Race footage from 1961 Sebring Grand Prix?

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Does anyone know of a source where you can purchase actual race footage of the 1961 race? Clearly I'm interested in footage showing the 3 factory Alpines.

Series3Scott

Platinum Level Sponsor
To follow up on this, does anyone have a copy of the UK film "The Green Helmet" which shows actual footage from the 1961 race?

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
The Green Helmet - Race

Hi Scott:
I am not sure of the Green Helmet but I have a DVD that covers the 1961/1962 24Hr race. Is this what you are looking for?
I can get some information for you, you may still be able to find the DVD on the web.

Series3Scott

Platinum Level Sponsor
If it shows the three works Alpines then yes I'd be very interested in more information - thanks! :)

Andrew

Donation Time
1961/1962 24hr race

Yes, it talks about the rootes cars and the thermal win (Peter Haper/Peter Procter). It is not in great detail but they show the cars in the pits etc.
You will have to give me some time to dig through all of my sunbeam stuff to find it. If you dont hear back from me in the next two week give me a kick by posting a private/club message or email me.
Regards,
Andrew Masse

Andrew

Donation Time
61/62 Alpine Race

Hi Scott:
I have not found the race that I was looking for but I found a couple of old clips off of a TV program that Speed TV put on a few years ago.
I will keep looking, as soon as I find more information I will contact you.
Regards,
Andrew