• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Quick choke adjustment question zen/strom

Acollin

Donation Time
Still messing with my carbs— zenith/strombergs cd150s. I am very close to have things all dialed in and working properly, but need an explanation of writing in the “choke adjustment”section of the wsm. Section C pg.56

The term “ fully back” position is used a number of times.
What the heck does it mean?

I could trial and error a solution here , but sitting inside as winter refuses to let go, I cannot get a clear understanding of what it means.
Please advise
Thanks
Andrew

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
"Fully back" means the choke is not engaged at all - i.e. rotated counter-clockwise as far as it will go. The choke must be adjusted so when the choke knob on the dash is fully pushed in, the choke plate on the carb is not engaged at all. Otherwise, the choke mechanism will always be enriching the fuel-air mixture to some degree. I believe you already addressed the issue where the choke plate was engaging the throttle shaft screw a bit and not allowing the idle speed to be reduced beyond some point.

1680568954055.png

Mike