• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Potential major problem

sammaw@bellsout

Silver Level Sponsor
Good News!

All back together, starts and runs! The thrust washer problem killed it, but that is now corrected, with a 0.0025 end play on the shaft.

I am anxious to get it run in so I can try out the new KB grind cam on the road.

Sam

sammaw@bellsout

Silver Level Sponsor
Well, I went for a ride for the first time since Aug 7. The engine ran good, went about 20 miles then took it back in, re-torqued the head bolts, and reset the valve gaps.

Now back to the more mundane cosmetic junk!

Jim E

Donation Time
Well, I went for a ride for the first time since Aug 7. The engine ran good, went about 20 miles then took it back in, re-torqued the head bolts, and reset the valve gaps.

Now back to the more mundane cosmetic junk!

Just to be sure, the head bolt torque is supose to be done with the motor stone cold, valve adjust with it hot.

sammaw@bellsout

Silver Level Sponsor
Tom - yeah, I wanted to get a small car:)

Jim - That was a time lapse post. I drank some beers in between parking it and torqueing it.:cool: