• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Positive to Negative Tach Conversion?

mxp01

Platinum Level Sponsor
Gentlemen:

We recently changed the polarity on our SIV (positive to negative). One item that remains unresolved is the tachometer.

The tach we have (positive earth) worked well. It also has the matching number motifs (size/script) as the speedo. I looked at a negative earth tach on Ebay recently and noticed that the number motifs on that one were different than the instruments I have.

Therefore, I would like to convert my positive earth tach to negative earth. Is it possible? When we first obtained our tach we had to repair it, requiring some internal work. At the time, Paul Norton provided a great deal of direction and assistance. Paul, are you still around? Can you provide some direction?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Mike Pennell

Wombat

Donation Time
Mike

This link has a set of instructions on how to do it. I changed mine this way and it works well. The other alternative would be to get a negative earth one and swap the dial from your old one into it so the graphics still match - but that is almost as much work as the conversion!!

http://www.lotus-cortina.com/electric/convert.htm