• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

photo test

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
I learned something new today. Photo of my Harrington is here...seems like there are lots of features you can use on this forum! Eric

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Eric,

Very nice LeMans Harrington. Is 'old yeller' a new acquisition or just a part of your Alpine history (poor old thing looks a bit neglected :( )

Regards, Robin.

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
Ole Yeller

I bought ole yeller about two years ago. The PO raced and hillclimbed it for 15 years and then blew up the engine. It sat in his garage (pictured) for 26 years until I bought it. It was so dirty you could barely see the number on the bonnet!
Plans are to keep it just as it is and not repaint it or to do anything to destroy the wonderful patina. Replacement engine is in hand-just need the time to do the job. Many very rare spares came with the car-magnesium knock off Mini lites, knock off J A Pierce wheels (I need one more to make a set) several posi-traction Alpine differentials, special engine bits, etc. I am lucky to be the new owner. Eric

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
Bob-the photos are thumbnail photos at the bottom of my first message in this message thread.
I just learned how to add them to a forum message using the toolbar at the top of the reply box. Click on the paperclip symbol and you can upload an image from your PC to your forum reply. Great stuff! Eric