• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

photo attachment

slippery_biscuit

Donation Time
When attaching pics, I see jpg files are limited to 19.5 kb. Maybe my Nikon is getting too much data, 'cause I have to crop the dickens to get the file size that small.

Is this a normal snag with a digital SLR? Do I need to use a point and shoot digital with a much smaller file capacity?

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
When attaching pics, I see jpg files are limited to 19.5 kb. Maybe my Nikon is getting too much data, 'cause I have to crop the dickens to get the file size that small.

Is this a normal snag with a digital SLR? Do I need to use a point and shoot digital with a much smaller file capacity?

Hi,

Try and keep the image to around 640x480 and 72dpi.
You have have your picture at high res. greater than 72dpi, this would force you to crop the heck out of the photo.

You can also re-sample the photo with Corel photo paint / Adobe photo shop or a similar program.

If I can be of help please feel free to PM me.

Regards,
Andrew

slippery_biscuit

Donation Time
Thanks for the tips. The noted software looks convenient but I didn't see where it supported MAC OS X. Maybe I can find something similar.