• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Petrol Cap

JonPiz

Donation Time
On my series 2 my petrol cap has seen better days and I wanted to know if it was the original. It is chrom with three ears. I have seen just plain round ones on the early cars and have managed to get a brand nos part off ebay. Any help please?:confused:

britbeam

Donation Time
On my series 2 my petrol cap has seen better days and I wanted to know if it was the original. It is chrom with three ears. I have seen just plain round ones on the early cars and have managed to get a brand nos part off ebay. Any help please?:confused:

Yes original on some series 2 cars. Im not sure what determined which series 2 had them. Mine did until we parted company on the freeway. So now I have the round still from Rick at SS. It fits better than the three ear but doesnt look as cool. Mine had seen its better days also. Ive seen these three caps on ebay sell for $150.00. In my opinion they are not worth that kind of money but thats my 2 pennies.
Dwain V6 Krazy

alpine_64

Donation Time
3 eared ones came with cars with wires wheels. 3 eared spinner 3 eared cap. The 3 ear cap is the same as a lotus oil filler cap if you want to search that source

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
The Lotus filler cap works well except the appearance is a bit dull. However you can have it polished to come closer to the original chrom appearance.