• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

pedal assemblies

birdfan56

Platinum Level Sponsor
Question for the team: Is it advisable to change over to a "tiger" style gas pedal; clutch and brake assembly after the tunnel modification to improve driving comfort? Will the tiger setup work with the alpine firewall? Thanks, Kevin

britbeam

Donation Time
Question for the team: Is it advisable to change over to a "tiger" style gas pedal; clutch and brake assembly after the tunnel modification to improve driving comfort? Will the tiger setup work with the alpine firewall? Thanks, Kevin

I didnt change over on my mod and the Alpine pedals work fine. I believe I may have heated the gas pedal a little to bend for clearance but not much.
Dwain V6 Krazy

64beam

Donation Time
That is a good question Kevin. I assume that you are talking about a left hand drive car? I know with a right hand drive Tiger, there is alot less room for your foot when off the clutch than in the Alpine but I always assumed the pedal position was the same. Was that the case with the left hand drive Tigers/Alpines?

Regards, Robin.

birdfan56

Platinum Level Sponsor
pedals continued

Yes, I am refering to a left-hand drive car. My 67 alpine was pretty much stripped when I bought it, but it was very straight and fairly rust-free. As there were no pedals other than the gas pedal still in it, I was thinking of picking up a tiger set-up as the tunnel mod encroaches on an already tight pedal area (and I have big feet). I am trying to find out if the tiger set-up will work with the alpine firewall or if I should stick to the alpine style. I appreciate any information I can get on this prior to investing in a pedal assembly. Thanks, kevin

Jeff Scoville

Donation Time
No speaking from experience, but I would do whatever you can to stick with the Alpine pedals as I just saw a Tiger gas pedal assy go for right at $300.00 on ebay.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Yes, I am refering to a left-hand drive car. My 67 alpine was pretty much stripped when I bought it, but it was very straight and fairly rust-free. As there were no pedals other than the gas pedal still in it, I was thinking of picking up a tiger set-up as the tunnel mod encroaches on an already tight pedal area (and I have big feet). I am trying to find out if the tiger set-up will work with the alpine firewall or if I should stick to the alpine style. I appreciate any information I can get on this prior to investing in a pedal assembly. Thanks, kevin
Kevin,

The floor mods are so little, that the stock Alpine pedals work fine. You may have to modify the gas pedal, but not much. Big feet don't run aout of room in an Alpine.

Jose :)

61Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
I just got through with a fun pedal experience, the PO had cut the holes where the gas pedal mounts. I had to look at my other car and make some large washers to fit. Then I welded them in and Walla.

I don't know what they had done because I only bought the body. There was a large square hole cut in the fire wall and 3/8" plates welded to the cross member for engine mounts. All gone.

birdfan56

Platinum Level Sponsor
pedals again

THANKS all for the info.guys. The tiger set is crazy pricey. Glad I can avoid going that route. Kevin

mikephillips

Donation Time
Besides, for those who don't know, the Tiger clutch pedal is slightly shorter that the Alpine one. This is so the pads are at the same level even thought the brake and clutch masters aren't mounted in line, the clutch master being mounted lower in the firewall. So if you were to use them the clutch pedal would be higher than the brake in a stock set of Alpine mount holes.

buddy

Diamond Level Sponsor
I used the hanging gas pedal assembly from the 77 Mustang II donor car in my conversion. My car is Alpine6 (Bob Sharkey) and has been on the road since 1994. Jose and others have driven my car and I have not heard any real complaints about having enough foot room. I did bend the brake and clutch pedals to the left some to give more clearance to the gas pedal, but kept the same spacing between the brake and clutch pedals.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
I used the hanging gas pedal assembly from the 77 Mustang II donor car in my conversion. My car is Alpine6 (Bob Sharkey) and has been on the road since 1994. Jose and others have driven my car and I have not heard any real complaints about having enough foot room. I did bend the brake and clutch pedals to the left some to give more clearance to the gas pedal, but kept the same spacing between the brake and clutch pedals.
Hi Bob,

Glad to see you posting. Welcome to the group.:D

Jose :)