• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

PBS's The War

Rsgwynn1

Silver Level Sponsor
Wonder if anyone caught the first episode last night. It has that Ken Burns quality that you'll either love or hate, but a lot of it was good, especially the part on Guadalcanal.

skywords

Donation Time
A real portrayal of war not what we are used to seeing. I thought it to be very well done. If more people would watch then I think we would not rush to war so fast and without all the cheer leading from the media. It was very accurate, war equals thousands of rotting corpses. I can't say I enjoyed it but I felt compelled to watch for so many gave so much.

I was not able to watch it all for I have to wake at 3:30am everyday to drive the school bus.

v13311

Silver Level Sponsor
Supurb storytelling. I especially enjoyed and can relate to the feelings of the mom's, dad's, and families back home. Tonight's episode of the fighting in Italy hit home as my uncle lost his life there in 1943. The human misery that was presented can't help but bring out the emotions. Am looking forward to the remainder of the series.