• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Parts worth having a spare?

fireroad

Donation Time
A friend of the family is going to be selling off their SV as a parts car and said I could grab anything I needed before it went. My 66 is pretty complete but I’m wondering I should start hoarding a few of the expensive or hard to find things. The only thing that comes to mind right now is maybe the windshield wiper motor if the rust hasn’t got to it. Any suggestions?

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
Some thoughts, all depends upon the part's condition of course - brake booster, PCV valve, brake master, clutch master, ammeter gauge, clock, cigar lighter (if orig), fuel sender, bumper, front/rear light lenses, headlamp trim rings, starter solenoid, washer bag

Tim R

Silver Level Sponsor
Overdrive relay, bakelite dashboard trim, steering wheel, differential and half shafts, Doors?
Tim R

fireroad

Donation Time
What style wheels do you have on your Alpine? What is on the SV ?
Their's has the original steel wheels, I have a set of American Racing Libre in black on mine.

Some thoughts, all depends upon the part's condition of course - brake booster, PCV valve, brake master, clutch master, ammeter gauge, clock, cigar lighter (if orig), fuel sender, bumper, front/rear light lenses, headlamp trim rings, starter solenoid, washer bag

Brake booster and PCV valve for sure. Definitely want the headlight trim rings. Not sure if the cigar lighter exists or not but that's a good call. Some of the other stuff I may not bother with if those items are readily available from SS. I'm sure the washer bag is well rotted after 20 years of non-climate controlled storage on the east coast!

Overdrive relay, bakelite dashboard trim, steering wheel, differential and half shafts, Doors?
Tim R

I suspect it doesn't have OD. The steering wheel is intact but I scored a nice Nardi a few years back. Doors rusted pretty bad in storage :(

Gordon Holsinger

Diamond Level Sponsor
A friend of the family is going to be selling off their SV as a parts car and said I could grab anything I needed before it went. My 66 is pretty complete but I’m wondering I should start hoarding a few of the expensive or hard to find things. The only thing that comes to mind right now is maybe the windshield wiper motor if the rust hasn’t got to it. Any suggestions?
Windshield frame and trim convertible top frame original seats

fireroad

Donation Time
Take the entire car and don't throw anything away.
Ha, given all the suggestions I’ve heard hear and elsewhere I started to think “Damn, might as well see what he wants for the whole thing!”. Then I remember the car is on the other side of the US and my wife would leave me...

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
The suggestions have been pretty good. So I think you can judge from them. But if the car does have an OD then save that tranny with the OD and also the OD relay and column switch. Save those rare and highly useful items even if (or especially if) your car does not have an OD. Oh, and save the gauges, especially the Speedo if the car has an OD.