• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Parting out/dismantling 1965 Series 4 GT

Cactusmasher

Donation Time
I am parting out a 1965 Series 4 GT. It's been sitting in the Arizona desert climate for over 20 years and has rust free fenders and round corner bonnet. Doors are not totally rust free but fixable as is the trunk lid. Trunk floor is in excellent shape and the spare tire well is rust free also. It has a factory hard top with all the parts on it in good shape but the top itself has some rust issues as they all do, in the usual places. The hard top is salvageable and has no dings or dents. The wheel housing outer lips and quarters are all in good shape and I would cut to order if someone needs some pieces of fenders. Good windshield but small crack lower passenger side corner. Gas tanks look good. It has factory wire wheels with all 4 three eared knock off caps. Wheels are weather worn and have surface rust but the knock offs are in decent condition, not all beat up.

The negative stuff: entire interior floor is totally rusted and not repairable. The engine compartment has been butchered by DPO, with large holes cut into the fender wells for headers to a GM aluminum V8 and the area in front of where the radiator normally sits has been cut completely away for installation of an unknown radiator. The entire transmission tunnel has been cut out. The wood GT dashboard has been destroyed beyond reclamation by the Arizona heat.

I do have a lot of small parts from various places around the car. If you are interested in any of the parts, please PM me with your request and I will answer your message to let you know if I have what you are looking for and the price(s). I can take photos and send them but I have never been able to post photos to the forum so I would need your email address to send photos.

Thank you for your interest.

tgrhntr

Donation Time
parts car

Hi,
What are you looking to get for the front fenders. I just need the outer sheet metal, not the fenderwells. My car is buried in the garage and I don't recall if I need the middle section connecting the two front fenders or not.
Thanks,
Jon

Cactusmasher

Donation Time
Dismantling GT

Re: your inquiry about the front fenders....passenger side front fender sheet metal all good, no rust or dents. Driver side fender-front 1/3 has been replaced rather poorly and has a lot of bondo. The section they used to repair is from an earlier series and has the small round hole for the turn signal/parking light. As for the entire front section ( under the front of the bonnet), it is gone, as in cut out, as is the front gravel pan and the area under the grill area. I have not cut it off yet ( the passenger fender ) and would try to get the entire fender or at least what you need.

alsop

Donation Time
Do you have a horn ring with the spring and bolts? Also a good condition signal switch?

tgrhntr

Donation Time
Front fender price and availabilty?

Re: your inquiry about the front fenders....passenger side front fender sheet metal all good, no rust or dents. Driver side fender-front 1/3 has been replaced rather poorly and has a lot of bondo. The section they used to repair is from an earlier series and has the small round hole for the turn signal/parking light. As for the entire front section ( under the front of the bonnet), it is gone, as in cut out, as is the front gravel pan and the area under the grill area. I have not cut it off yet ( the passenger fender ) and would try to get the entire fender or at least what you need.

Cactusmasher,
Front fender prices? Pictures would be great.
Thanks,
Jon
icanhandyman@yahoo.com

Cactusmasher

Donation Time
Dismantling 1965 Series 4 GT

This is to advise that the Sunbeam mentioned in this thread is no longer available, gone to the great metal salvage yard in the sky. I do have a few parts and pieces left. PM me with what you are looking for and I'll let you know if I still have it. Thank you to all who did purchase many of the items from me.

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
Smasher,
You must not check your email or your email address is bad in the system. I sent you an email several weeks ago with no response.