• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Parting out a 1962 Series II

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
I am about to begin the parting out of a 1962 Series II. Before I head to E-pay (E-bay) I am going offer all club members first shot at the parts they need. Here are some pictures of the car. Pretty complete but the body is shot. You can email me at "alpine1963 at aol dot com" if there is something you need.

Cheers,

Last edited:

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
Hi Todd, I am interested in the complete dash w/ gauges.
Let me know your price.. we could exchange in Columbia if you can wait till then.
Doug

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey Doug,

I wil try to get it out without any damage to it. The washer pump has been spoken for. Once I get it out and it is Ok, I'll get with you ona price and yes, we can settle up at the Invasion.

Cheers,

vasilimakris

Donation Time
Hi Todd,
I am interested in the chrome pieces that sit on top of the windshield frame and attach the top to the header. Also interested in the top latch assemblys.
Let me know if you have them and your price.
Thanks,
Vasili

alpine_64

Donation Time
Hi Todd,
I am interested in the chrome pieces that sit on top of the windshield frame and attach the top to the header. Also interested in the top latch assemblys.
Let me know if you have them and your price.
Thanks,
Vasili

Vasili,

Again .. early series Alpine parts will not work for you.. the soft top/hardtop locating clips are an integral part of the windscreen frame on a SI/II and the soft top latches are again different from the S3-V ones.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Ok, Thanks for the info.
As you can tell I am new to Alpines.
Vasili

All part of the process.. but it would be worth having a look at something like the brooklands road test books, or the series identification section on the main page of the forum so that you can learn about the differences between the various cars. You seem to have later SIV/V cars.. as a rule alpines fall into 2 catagories.. early finned cars and later low fin cars. The exception being the series 3 which shares body with the early cars, but interior, fittings with later series cars.

A bit of research will save you the heartache of buying parts that will not work for your car.

Barry Rechtorov

Donation Time
Todd,

I have a Series II that I am putting togeather and could use the steering wheel center cap and the tail light lenses if they are in good shape.

Barry

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks to everyone that has requested parts. I got very busy at work the last couple of weeks and put this car on hold but I am planning on stripping it down in the next couple of weeks. I think the car has most of the parts that everyone requested.

If there is anything left of this car by the time the Invasion gets here I will take it to the motel and it will be a car for anyone to go get what they want off of it. I'll try to part it out to those in need and cannot make it to the Invasion first.

Cheers,
Todd

My62Alpine

Donation Time
Hi Todd,

I'm interested in the ignition switch w/keys, the hood, front brake calipers, and rear brake cylinders.

Thanks,
Ed

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Metal Covers???

Todd, will the Soft top Metal covers work on a SIV?

E-mail or Call 864-554-0814

Standing By.....:)

Barry Rechtorov

Donation Time
Series II rotors

Hello,

What is the condition of the brake rotors? I am interested in the front rotors, with or without hubs. I am also interested in the calipers and grill parts and gas cap if available.

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
The soft top cover for a Series I and II are the same according to the parts books. The Series 3 and IV had larger soft top covers. I do not know the condition of the calipers at this time but should this weekend. I am hoping to have this car in my garage this weekend and start the breakdown.

Cheers,