• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Parting out 66 Alpine

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I plan to use a carpet kit from Victoria British LTD.

John: I have no personal experience with their carpet kit, but I know carpet suppliers have been discussed several times here in the past and my recollection is that VB's carpet is not nearly as nice or as well-trimmed as that sold by Sunbeam Specialties and others. I can tell you that I bought some on eBay once and almost immediately regretted it. I changed it out again within a year. You might want to spend some time searching the forum before you commit to a supplier.

Good luck, and remember to save the rubber mat!

Ohiojohn

Donation Time
After reviewing old pics of the aupposed 66' I have now found out it is a series 3. I talked to the PO's son last night and both cars are series 3. I should have looked at the car more closely and not have taken her word. The fins can't be missed and it has the wide open trunk area, gas cap high on the fender.

If there are still parts anyone needs from this car please email me. I do still need the following from it though:

Dash, wiring harness, front valance, the trim and door that hide the top (what is this called anyway?), probably will need the aluminum wheels and hubs as the wire wheels I have are rusted/painted and a few of the convertible top parts from the top of the door.

The doors, boot and bonnet lid are all solid, the body looks to be solid with the exception of right behind the rear wheels. I rather not cut the body up as someone who has time could restore this car, and I really don't want to deal with the mess afterwards. The frame is supposedly in great condition. I do not know if the engine is still in it, the PO can't remember. Most of the trim parts are gone(i.e door handles, window cranks..etc). I will have pics up soon, the PO is back from her trip on the 20th.

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
John: I have no personal experience with their carpet kit, but I know carpet suppliers have been discussed several times here in the past and my recollection is that VB's carpet is not nearly as nice or as well-trimmed as that sold by Sunbeam Specialties and others. I can tell you that I bought some on eBay once and almost immediately regretted it. I changed it out again within a year. You might want to spend some time searching the forum before you commit to a supplier.

Good luck, and remember to save the rubber mat!

I recently installed a carpet kit from Sunbeam Specialties. It is cost effective and for my money the best available. I have installed kits from other suppliers as well and the kit from SS is by far the best.

ALC 68A

Donation Time
John

Since the spares car has turned out to be a Series 3, does it still have its original Series 3 petrol pump please? Series 3 cars have a small brass pull on/push off tap on the end of the fuel line which screws into the pump body. On all other series cars, the fuel line screws directly into the pump body. My S3 retained this until just recently, but it sprang a leak which the garage couldn't repair, so it now has the line straight into the pump. I would like to reinstate this quirky little feature if possible, so if the tap is there, would you consider selling it to me please? Many thanks.

ALC 68A (steve)

Ohiojohn

Donation Time
John

Since the spares car has turned out to be a Series 3, does it still have its original Series 3 petrol pump please? Series 3 cars have a small brass pull on/push off tap on the end of the fuel line which screws into the pump body. On all other series cars, the fuel line screws directly into the pump body. My S3 retained this until just recently, but it sprang a leak which the garage couldn't repair, so it now has the line straight into the pump. I would like to reinstate this quirky little feature if possible, so if the tap is there, would you consider selling it to me please? Many thanks.

ALC 68A (steve)
Steve,

if it's there I will let you know. I won't have access to it until after the 20th.

Thanks

John