• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Parting or Whole 1960 Sunbeam Alpine

65beam

Donation Time
parting

my suggestion is to leave the series 5 as is without adding the hard boot doors. at one time i had our body man switch a GT body over to an ST which meant adding the soft top boot doors. he is not a stranger to restoring sunbeam bodies and he still uses profanity when i mention it. it took many hours ( several days) and lots of welding,fabricating,bending grinding and patience to do it. there are other panels that are required and they need to be set right or goodbye paint and welcome to dents. you also need to weld the nuts in the fender well since they are not there on a series 5. sounds easy to weld them in but you need to find the right location. keep in mind that no two bodies have the same demensions.

steven

Donation Time
Well my V GT must have been different. I added the rear and top covers from a IV and everthing went easy. The nuts for the back bottom swivle were already welded in position, the pivit points for the top covers were also in evidence. Maybe I had an early model V GT.

65beam

Donation Time
parting

series 5 GT's were never sold in the states. and the series 3 GT we switched over did not have them. you also need to keep in mind that our body man has been restoring sunbeams for 40 years and he does have a different attitude on how to finish them. i walked into the shop today to find the car in the rack again,turned on it's side and he was working on the bottom of the car. he said it didn't suit him so he was working out some minor dents in the X frame. i watched him fit the top doors over a few weeks time and i must say that all is perfect. the doors are set to be level with the body when the top is down. it's all the detail work that sets some work above the norm.

DanR*Dan

Donation Time
I'm taking your suggestion on the covers for a SV

Thanks for the well defined suggestion to forego the "Covers" for the Series V.

It will stay as is.

Dan Richardson

California_1959

Donation Time
I'm looking for an E-brake handle

Mine is a 59, and the button is broken off so, I can not set it.
i have seen a design difference in later model handles so I'm looking for an early series one.. preferably chrome like mine. also, my chrome window guides from my 59 are pot metal.. and I was told they could not be re-chromed. also if there are any window roller handles but with 'bakelite' handles..???

mikephillips

Donation Time
For the balancer you're probably better off buying new since many of them are cracked in the keyway. The subject has been discussed before so if you do a search you'll find threads that mention suppliers

voodoocavegirl

Donation Time
Hi! I'm looking for a tail light assembly (especially the housing) to fit series 1. The left (driver) side assembly on mine is mangled...

Do you have one?

Thanks!

dk

hillmanhuskyguy

Silver Level Sponsor
My quest continues for a tranny tunnel 'chunk'.

In the o.p.'s last photo the tranny tunnel looks great enough for my needs.
I need from the top of the housing down about five or six inches, front to the back as near as you can to the firewall.

If you decide to break it up, I'd love to take that section off your hands.
Shipping would be to 80301, no need to box it ;-0

Cheers,
Cris