• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Paint - Finally.

Alpine66

Donation Time
Looks good, congrats.

I'm slooowww at body work prep, have been looking around my area for a body shop to do my other car. So far none of them want to do it, can't even get a price. I dont get it...

Mike O'D

Gold Level Sponsor
Thanks guys, I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out.

The rotisserie is made from 2 engine stands. I designed and built the mounting section so I could easily adjust the center of balance. I put the whole car (minus engine) on it and then turned it over to remove the trans, rear end, front end, etc. Made it real easy to disassemble. Once the parts were off, I just re-adjusted the center of balance.

Color is Chrysler commercial truck, called "Brilliant Blue". It's non-metallic, and one of those colors that looks different depending on the light. I'd call it a medium blue grey. It's quite a bit darker than Wedgwood. Certainly not original, but I would say it looks somewhat period correct.

Mike

JonPiz

Donation Time
re Paint

I thought someone had used the same Mercedes China Blue, its very similar

DSCN2452_zpsyex9z3gb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

mamoose124

Gold Level Sponsor
Looks great. I am getting ready to paint my Series II but can't find anyone who sells
the rubber that goes under the windshield and around the glass. Where did you get yours?

65beam

Donation Time
finally

The seal for the windshield glass is available from MacGregor in Canada. 905-627-4006.

mamoose124

Gold Level Sponsor
Thanks for the information. However, I have called MacGregor of Canada three times and emailed them twice in the last two weeks and have received no response. The phone calls only reached their answering service which requested my phone number and promised a call back which never came. My emails detailed exactly what they offer in their online catalog. Again, no response to my emails. At this juncture, I was wondering if they are still in business. Evidently, my only alternative is to try again until I get a response.

65beam

Donation Time
paint

Martin is still there. It does sometimes take several days for him to return phone calls. I've found that if you make several attempts that he will remember to call back. He recently finished the trim for not only my current Harrington project but also for another Harrington project for a friend that lives close by. That took awhile for him to complete. Martin is pretty much a one man show so be patient and keep trying. Phone calls seem to work much better than e mails.

Hillman

Gold Level Sponsor
I contacted Martin by email in Sept. I got a near immediate reply that he was in the UK and would be in touch when he returned. He phoned in January and I have received what I ordered. He did not have eveything I wanted. I can't remember what was missing. I'll open the package later and see if the SII windschield rubbers (both ) are there.

Al

Mike O'D

Gold Level Sponsor
My car is a S3, so that is available from Sunbeam Specialties (also VB, but I wouldn't recommend that).

Mike

Hillman

Gold Level Sponsor
Just opened my package. It had both rubber parts. The screen to body rubber was in two pieces, not sure that is correct (and not sure it isn't)..

Hillman

Gold Level Sponsor
After closer examination of my purchase, I think the screen to body seal is the part he didn't have.

johnd

Donation Time
Alpine West Midlands in the UKhas them - see their email response to me below - but pricey!

"1 x Ru17a screen surround seal Alpine 1-2 £150.00 plus postage"